OrganicFarmNZ Taranaki Inc was established in 2003, and Whanganui came on board in 2008.
The main purpose of OFNZ Taranaki is to administer and manage the OrganicFarmNZ certification system.
This will be done in a way that:
- Provides all necessary services to implement the day-to-day management of the OrganicFarmNZ certification;
- Makes organic certification available to organic producers at the least possible cost;
- Provides for the democratic control and ownership of the Society by its members;
- Maintains the confidentiality of all documentation provided by Producer Members.
A secondary purpose of OFNZ Taranaki include:
- Provide support to certified members to grow and market organic produce and allied products.
- Assisting those who are new to organic growing to become fully certified organic with OrganicFarmNZ.
- Promote the environmental and human health benefits of organic agriculture to members and the general public alike.
- Protect the integrity of the OrganicFarmNZ certification system & logo.
It is governed by a management committee and administered by a secretary and a certification committee. Regular activities of the group include field trips and workshops.
The Taranaki region covers producers from approximately Patea in the South to Mokau in the north. The Whanganui Region covers producers from the Whanganui river road to Bushy Park.
- $325 for 3 growers in a Pod
- $350 for 2 growers in a Pod
Certification Manager/ Secretary/Treasurer: Ursula Bil-Teitink. firstname.lastname@example.org (021 0314 578)
Auditor – Derina Turner: email@example.com
Certification Committee: Ursula Bil-Teitink, John Earney, Dee Turner