Here you will find details of events connected with OFNZ or our members.
If you are a member and would like your event featured please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details – date, time, place, cost (if any), and a brief description. If you have a photo or flyer please attach that as well.
- This event has passed.
Seasonal Pulse Autumn: Organics and Kaitiakitanga
April 1 @ 10:30 am - 1:00 pm$25 – $40
In autumn the earth ‘breathes in’ and becomes cool as we move towards Matariki. Learn to read the land, take stock, lift crops, then start planning for the year ahead. Walk with Brendan as we listen and learn from this special, organically certified Te Henga farm.
Longbreath Farm is a beautiful 10 acre organic haven – an inspirational property which is motivating for gardeners and farmers, whether you’re into home gardening, urban food production or wanting to diversify and future-proof your lifestyle block or farm.
‘Shows what is possible on a small-holding in a sustainable/self-sustaining way. Plus the restoration work is inspiring. Thoroughly enjoyed it.’ April 2019
- See examples in action around the farm including orchard, foodforest, woodlot, chooks, beehives and home vege production.
- Practical tips for action this month; past, present and future cycles of the land; reading landscape
- Guidance and ‘to do’ lists for home gardens, nursery, farm and tree crop systems
- Work schedules and planning tools
- Practical seasonal gardening techniques.
Tickets available from: https://events.humanitix.com/copy-of-seasonal-pulse-autumn-organics-and-kaitiakitanga
Members are welcome to attend an NCC meeting. Please complete and return this confidentiality agreement at least THREE days before the meeting so we can arrange to send you the agenda and link. Form to be emailed to email@example.com